Skimlinks Test

Wednesday 19 March 2014

How to correctly apply a lipstick and get it perfect- Everytime !


Hi guys ! 

Today I wanted to make a quick post about how to apply your lipstick properly and get it perfect ...EVERYTIME ! 

Bold lipstick is a staple in my make up routine, you'd rarely see me wearing a nude lip or a clear gloss. 
I usually opt for bright and bold colours for my lips and I can NOT stand a lipstick applied unevenly.
I want to share with you a few tips that always work for me when it comes to applying lipstick and also making it last all day.

- Pick your favourite lipstick & a matching liner. If you don't have a matching lip liner, you can use a lip brush.
- Apply a lipbalm before applying your foundation and do the rest of your  make up as youy usually would, so  by the time you want to apply the lipstick your lips are primed and moisturised.

- Then  apply a tiny bit of foundation or concealer onto your lips. This evens out the colour of your lips, acts as a base and gives your lipstick something to stick to.

-Now apply a a highlighter to your cupid's bow (This is the small "V" area above your top lip.) This will highlight the shape of your top lip and make it easier for you to determine where to apply the lip liner/lipstick, kind of like a stencil.

-Now it's time to line your lips. If you want your lipstick to last longer first line your lips with one of these clear lip liners 1 or 2( These colourless lip liners have the setting agents that keep the lip colour from feathering and keeps the colour on for longer, the smooth moisturising formula also helps to smooth out the lip line and allows for easy and smooth application) .

-If you've done or skipped the previous step, pick the lip liner of your choice and line your lips with it. Also as I mentioned before, if you do not have a matching liner for your lipstick, use a small lip brush (a thin eyeliner brush will also do).
Take a little bit of your lipstick on your lip brush/ or use your lip liner, and start of with the top lip. ( I usually start off on my cupid's bow and then line the rest of my top lip and line my bottom lip. Then fill in your lips with the liner, if you want a super long-lasting effect.

If you have small lips, go over your natural lip line a little bit to add a bit off volume to your lips.
Lining your lips before applying lipstick is one of the most important steps as it prevents your lipstick from feathering and smudging throughout the day.

- Now apply the lipstick of your choice over the area you've filled in with your liner.

-Use a cream concealer and a small synthetic concealer brush and apply it to the edges of your lips. This is an optional step. Concealer can be used to clean up the edges of your lips and also act as an addition to prevent your lip colour from bleeding.

And now you're done ! Go and rock those bold and bright lips with confidence :)


Hope you guys found this quick post helpful and enjoyed some of my tips.
Let me know in the comments what you think and let me know what your favourite lipsticks are? Mine is Ruby Woo from MAC. The prefect Red :)

Much love, A x



No comments:

Post a Comment