Skimlinks Test

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Best Skin Primers - Maybelline Baby Skin & Benefit Porefessional /Review & comparison

Hi guys,
I wanted to to do a quick favourites/review of  primers/make up bases for the face, that I've been loving and using almost every day lately.

These are the Porefessional by Benefit & Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser.

First I'm going to talk about the POREfessional by Benefit.
It is the primer on the more pricey side. It costs around €34.00 for 22mL tube.
I've been using this primer for over a year now and I do absolutely love it.
It comes out as a skin coloured, very light cream, but it turns transparent and disappears as you apply it to the skin. It has a very subtle scent to it and the cute packaging is always a plus ! 
It smoothes out the skin, evens out the skin tone and it does definitely minimizes the appearance of pores, leaving the skin super smooth & allows the foundation to glide on your skin very easily. I also found that it helps to make my make up stay on alot longer. 
Also, a little goes a long way with this primer, so you literally need to apply a little bit to the entire face. It is oil-free and non-greasy, so it's suitable for every skin tone. 

What I love about it is that it also has Vitamin E added to it, which is an antioxidant vitamin ( anti-aging), which also means that if using it regularly it can improve the skin texture and help recuce scars. I really love this primer, but I really only use it for special occasions, nights out or on my clients when I do their make up. I would probably use it more often if the price was a bit lower (€34.00) ! But overall, it is a great product and if you're looking for a good make up primer, you have to try The Porefessional if you haven't yet ! 

My other favourite primer, that I use on daily basis is the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. This primer I think, was supposed to be a dupe for the Porefessional. It has a similar properties, as it helps to reduce the apprearance of pores.
It has a clear, gel texture. It smoothes out the skin texture, leaving the skin super silky with semi-matte finish, providing a smooth and even base for the foundation.
It is lightweight and it's non-comedogenic ( which means it won't block the pores or cause break outs) and this means, my skin feels fresh and I don't have to worry about my sensitive skin breaking out ! I use this like everyday and I do really like it, it works pretty much like the Porefessional by Benefit but for 1/3 of the price (around €11 depending where you get it ! )!

I love both primers equally and will definitely keep re-purchasing those as they really help to provide a great base for a flawless looking skin and they help my make up last longer throughout the day ( I don't really like to touch up during the day, so I always appreciate products that keep my make up looking great all day long !).

Even though I love these primers, I am always searching for new products to try, so if you guys
can think of any primers that I could try, let me know in the comments !

A. x

No comments:

Post a Comment