Skimlinks Test

Thursday 8 May 2014

Wet'N'Wild Megalast Matte Lipsticks Review & Dupes for MAC Lipsticks.

Hi guys,
I wanted to share a quick review of the Megalast Matte Lipsticks from Wet'N'Wild.
As some of you may know, Wet'N'Wild has recently landed in Ireland and they are available in Penney's and Dunnes Stores and also some local chemists.
One of my favourite products from Wet'n'wild are their lip products, they have a range of liquid laquers, stain balms, matte lipsticks and satin finish lipsticks. 

My favourites are the liquid laquers but I'll do a review on those next time !
In this post I want to share my opinion on those Megalast Matte lipsticks.
They come in a variety of colours ranging from nudes, through pinks and reds to dark and deep burgundy shades.
Each of the lipsticks retails for 2.99 ( bargain !! ) and I was super impressed with the quality for the price you pay !
I must admit that I was a bit disappointed tho with the finish as the lipsticks are definitely not MATTE, but the finish is definitely not glossy. I'd say they are semi-matte.
They have no shimmer or glitter in them and are very pigmented and give a very opaque finish with just one or two layers and the colour is definitely buildable so you can control how intense finish you want.

I've picked up 6 lipsticks so far.
The colours I've got are (L-R) Just Peachy, Mauve Outta Here, Sugar Plum fairy, Coral-ine, Red Velvet and Spotlight Red.


The First Colour I bought was Just Peachy.


Just Peachy is a pastel, pale peachy colour.
It is a very neutral shade and would suit many skin tones.






The second shade is Mauve Outta Here.


 Mauve Outta Here  is a pale purple. 
It is a more cool, blue toned shade.
It would definitely be a great shade for those who want to rock that purple lip trend but are afraid of bright purples as this is quite a toned down purple colour.



Next Shade is the Sugar Plum Fairy.


Sugar Plum Fairy is a midtonal cream plum colour.
To me it looks like a spot-on dupe for MAC Rebel ( €16 cheaper !)
Definitely a gorgeous autumn/winter shade! 



 Here I compared Sugar Plum Fairy (left) and Mac Rebel(right).


 As you can see they are basically identical.


I have also recently picked up three red shades.

First one is Coral-ine.


Coral-ine  is a warm/orangey shade.
It is a very similar shade to Dangerous (from the Retro Mattes Collection) by MAC.



I've compared Mac Dangerous ( First on the left)  and Mac Lady Danger ( Middle) and Coral-ine (Right).
As you can see it is more similar to Dangerous, as Lady Danger is a bit darker, deeper orange.




Next shade is Red Velvet.


Red Velvet is a bit darker and more pink red than Coral-ine.
I've compared it to Mac Relentlessly Red as they are quite a similar.



As you can see Red Velvet is a one or two shades darker than Relentlessly Red,
but they're both pink toned reds.



And the last shade is Spotlight Red.


Spotlight Red is the darkest red shade that was available out of the Megalast Matte range.
It is definitely a cool toned red and it is one of these reds that make your teeth appear whiter.
It is a very similar shade to the legendary Ruby Woo by MAC.

 


Spotlight Red (Left) and Mac Ruby Woo (Right).




Conclusion:

Pros:
  Price:  €2.99 for a lipstick is a real bargain!
Colour Pay-off:  All of the Megalast Matte Lipsticks are highly pigmented.
Colour Range: There is a great variety of colours: pinks,reds and dark shades.
✔Formula: Not too drying on the lips

Cons:
✘The finish is not fully matte, I was hoping they would have a full on matte finish like the Mac lipstick (My fave Mac lipstick finish), they are semi-matte.
✘Even though they have a good range of colours, I feel like they could do with a few more shades of nude listicks to suit more skin tones ( I've only seen 1 nude shade "Bare it all" which is a super pale (concealer-lips-type of nude )
✘They are not that long lasting- the producent promises 4 hrs wear, i feel like you have to re-apply the colour every 2-3 hrs.

Even though there was a few cons, I feel like I will definitely purchase more of the Wet'n'wild Megalast Lipsticks as you really get a brilliant quality for the price.
They are all super pigmented and the colours are lovely ( I hope that we get more shades of the megalast lipsticks in Ireland at some stage, as I've seen that there are more gorgeous shades available in America ! )

Hope you guys find this review helpful !
A.x



No comments:

Post a Comment