Skimlinks Test

Thursday 3 July 2014

MAC Cherry, Nightmoth, Currant lip liners dupes & more

Hi guys, 
In this post I want to let you guys know of the dupes of some of the MAC lip liners.

I love having lip liners that match my lipsticks as wearing lip liners can help to get a more intense colour, help to define the lip line and it also provides a great base and makes your lipsticks last longer !

MAC lip liners are definitely my favourite & if I could I'd buy all of the colours, but lets be honest, €16 is very expensive for a lip pencil, so I always look out for cheaper alternatives & I've definitely found the perfect DUPE for the MAC lip pencils and these are the Barry M lip liners !

I've first tried the Barry M lip liners when I was looking for a lip liner to match my Candy Yum-Yum lipstick from MAC sometime last year. I think the matching lip liner from MAC was sold out at the time or they just didn't have one, anyways, I was hoping to find something cheaper, so I went into Boots and swatched almost every pink lip liner from every brand that was around and then I found Barry M, they only had around 6-8 shades of the lip liners but the one in #12 was just perfect !







It was identical colour to my Candy Yum-Yum & the texture of the lip liner was literally the same as the lip liners from MAC, they were less than €5 as well so with no hesitation I've bought the Lip liner from Barry M.





Barry M lip liners are described as "Velvety smooth with a creamy texture, these lip liners are firm enough to draw a precise thin line, yet soft enough to blend in." & I totally agree with it !

Since I really liked the Barry M #12 lip liner, I decided to pick up more different shades & it turned out some of them were the exact dupes for some of the Lip liners that I've already had from MAC.

The first and definitely my favourite was Barry M liner in shade #3 which is the exact same shade as my favourite liner from MAC called "Cherry". Cherry lip liner is the perfect match for my all times favourite lipstick- MAC Ruby Woo, which is also the perfect Red lipstick !








Another shade is Barry M #11 which is a perfect dupe for MAC Nightmoth lip liner.
It is a deep, burgundy shade which goes perfectly with dark lipsticks such as Diva or Rebel from MAC.




And last of the dupes is Barry M lip liner in #7 which is identical to MAC Currant lip liner !
It is a dark, deep plum shade and it goes perfectly with MAC Rebel lipstick as well as it could be paired with MAC DIVA.






That was also a few different shades that I haven't got, but guys, you should definitely check these out ! I promise you, you'll love them & it will save you a few € since, they're very affordable and you get the same quality as the MAC lip liners !


A. x






6 comments:

  1. Thank you, these are amazing finds, I'm currently on the lookout for a dupe for Mac Nightmoth!!

    xx
    MJ

    http://mjintheskywithglitter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing great haul i will definitely check these out .
    http://www.bezadornfaces.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I was after a dupe for mac nightmoth lip liner. Can you do a post on the dupes for mac soar , spice and whirl lip liners as well please?


    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adrianna

    Thank you so much for doing this post, it was so helpful. I was looking for a MAC Cherry dupe and voila Barry M does one. I love Barry M lipliners too :-)

    Love,
    Lesley
    youtube.com/withlesleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. Gul Ahmed Summer Collection

    ReplyDelete